Tuesday, June 10, 2014

{as i #amwriting.} Ready. Set. Write.

Back into the fray, that’s our Kaye!

(No one has ever said this about me. But maybe one day, someone will. And it rhymes, right?)

If you can remember back to my participation in the YA Buccaneers’ Spring Writing Bootcamp (and before that, Writer Recharge), I started out strong but did a little of a “I don’t want to post!” downward spiral at the end. Overall, though, it was a nice experience and I had a lovely team alongside me, and if there is one thing I need, it is accountability.

So, when I saw a few friends discussing a new online summer intensive in the same vein as the boot camp, I had to take a look.

Organized by the same group of ladies behind Writer Recharge, Ready. Set. Write. is meant to provide accountability while being easy-breezy with the updates. Considering last time, the idea of writing paragraphs of updates for each section got me down, I like the idea of quickly dropping in what I’m up to, and then moving on.

In any case, it sounds like a lovely idea, and I’m gladly hopping in. If you want more information, check out Jaime Morrow’s post (where I started) or look up the other hosts!


{goals for the summer.}

* finish the first draft of my current fantasy (heretofore known as Muslim fantasy, because my working title between me and the CPs feels like it gives away a lot more than I want to share), hopefully by mid-July.

I self-identify as a slow drafter – mainly because I hang my soul on every word and find it hard not to cut my own self down for not choosing the right ones – but I’d like to change that.

* go back to Dragon Draft and start looking over it for edits.

* decide on the next project and dig in: work out plot, characters, get it ready for whenever I have the time for it.

* reassess Asian fantasy and decide whether or not it should be trunked or rehauled.

This is not particularly writing-related, but I’d like to read at least one book a day this summer. I have so much reading to catch up on.

{goals for this week.}

* write at least 500 a day on the fantasy and be mindful of word count.

(I am always bad with word count, but to meet this deadline, I suppose it matters.)

* read at least one book (preferably one of the ARCs that will be releasing any day now).


Ready?

Set?

It’s on.








                    Are you part of Ready. Set. Write? What are your goals for this summer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment