Friday, July 22, 2011

Book Blogger Hop! (72111)

 Click here to see who else is hopping!


What's the ONE GENRE that you wish you could get into, but just can't?

Hm, this is actually a tricky one. I think to narrow it all down into one answer, I'd have to say contemporary. Maybe I'm an ostrich, but I hate reading about current issues and drama that you experience for yourself 24/7 (child abuse. divorce. teenage angst.) when there are more fantastical lands to discover and imaginative language to savor.

If you really want to go nit-picking, I'd say that I can't get into any book that overloads on the romance - mainly a lot of the current paranormal and dystopian bestsellers (like Matched. Please forgive me, but that premise is just too...sappy for me).

4 comments:

Susan said...

No! You didn't like MATCHED? I GUESS we can still be friends ... I don't like too much romance either, but I do like a little bit :)

Glad to have found you via the Hop!

The Insouciant Sophisticate said...

I love contemporary but generally the lighter side; not a big fan of "issue" books. I appreciate the fact that I already know the world so I don't have to worry about shoddy world-building.

Julie said...

I mix it up a lot, so I will read some contemporary, but I need to quickly follow it with something else. Romance is not a genre that I'm into; I'm OK with some romance in a book, but usually not if the romance is the whole plot. :)

KristinCanRead said...

Hi! New Follower!
My Follow Friday!

Post a Comment