Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Teaser Tuesday {2}



Teaser Tuesdays are hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading


This is how it goes:

Grab your current read and open to a random page.

Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page. (Be careful not to pick any spoilers!)

Post the sentences, along with title and author, on your blog so other TT participants can add it to their TBR list if they like it. 
The Vespertine
Saundra Mitchell
March 7, 2011, Harcourt Children's Books

"What sort of schoolmaster did you have, who failed to beat you into using your proper hand, Mr. Witherspoon?"
His brow twitched, lips curled to keep a smile from coming on them too broadly. "If I said a blind one, would you blush?"
Heat flashed across my face, so it seemed the answer was yes. 
Yes, I know that was more than two sentences, but I couldn't resist this week. So far, I'm really enjoying how Ms. Mitchell writes in such an old-fashioned, appropriate way. And, of course, I want to see more of this Nathaniel Witherspoon.

(Nathaniel. I've always had a fondness for that name.)

2 comments:

Dani @ Refracted Light said...

Loved this book. I was drawn to the writing style in particular as well. :) Can't wait to hear what you think!

Anonymous said...

Omg Nathaniel. Seriously - I don't know why but I have a weakness for that name. Love it.

Also - this is possibly the strangest (and slightly creepy) first comment I have ever made on a blog before!

Hi! :D

Amy @ Turn the Page

Post a Comment