Saturday, November 26, 2011

TBR Intervention...That Needs Intervention

TBR Intervention is a weekend meme/challenge hosted by Books4Juliet, Dani at Refracted Light, and Whatever You Can Still Betray. The goal of the challenge is to help your fellow bloggers tackle their to-be-read (TBR) lists. 

The Rules.

1. Post the book(s) you committed to read in your last TBR Intervention post and tell us something about it. Did you finish it? Did you enjoy it or not? Post the link to your review (if you have one). 
 
2. Post a book that you want to read and already own. Pick something that has been sitting on your shelf for too long now (6 months or longer). Commit to read the book in the next couple of days or week.
 
3. Grab the TBR Intervention Button and post it on your blog sidebar so you will be constantly reminded of the challenge, making it easier for you to commit. This will also encourage other readers/bloggers/visitors to join the challenge.
 
4. Add the link to your post in the Linky below and make sure to visit the other blogs. Comment, encourage, and spread the love to our fellow readers. 
 
Well. I have been reading. Thank God for that, at least. Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with the challenge. Forgive me?
 
At least it's never to late to start over.
 
1. I finally got to read Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - I actually enjoyed reading it, despite previous expectations embedded by the little sister: "Ethan's such a girl" (which to be honest, I found a little bit true) and "Good God, that Sixteen Moons song is SO ANNOYING" (well, that was true too)...
 
I also read Imaginary Girls, which I've been putting off for way too long (review is already posted here and on Goodreads, if you're curious), so I'm feeling very satisfied with myself.
 
Now, we need to start a review intervention challenge so I can be inspired to write one out as soon as I finish reading...
2. This coming week, I really want to finally tackle White Cat by Holly Black. Haven't read anything of hers since The Spiderwick Chronicles in fifth grade, so this should be good. I also have The Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce in "the crate" (a.k.a. the library pile of doom and shame) and Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink. 

And also, on a happier note, I received my prizes from the Jessica Spotswood contest: one signed and doodled in (courtesy of Jaclyn Dolamore) ARC of Born Wicked, and a finished copy of Between the Sea and Sky by aforementioned Jaclyn Dolamore, which will probably take precedence over anything else I have waiting on the side. Um...sorry...


0 comments:

Post a Comment