Friday, March 2, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #86

Q. What book would you love to see made into a movie or television show? Do you have actors/actresses in mind to play the main characters?

Gosh. I have to admit that when I read a book, I do sometimes have those moments where I go, "Gah, this would make an awesome movie!" However, since I usually end up disappointed by movie adaptations (no lie - I mean, it just basically turns into a runaway for upcoming young actors to strut their stuff and turn a well-built plot into mush), I don't put much thought into how these books would end up on the big screen.

I mean, did you see the Beautiful Creatures cast? Does that guy look like a proper Ethan to you?!

...So, no cast in mind. Sorry.

Buuuut I'm willing to give you my top five books that would be awesome on film (made properly):

5. Leviathan trilogy by Scott Westerfield

I doubt this needs explanation...

4. Chrestomanci by Diana Wynne Jones

Before Howl Pendragon, there was Christopher Chant, the Chrestomanci. This is like one of my favorite fantasy series EVER. He's like...the Sherlock Holmes of an alternate world - but he's allergic to silver and has this cat that goes, "Wong." (I probably could have phrased it in a way that sounded more exciting, but...)

3. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

I have to confess: the Coraline movie freaked me out. So I'm not sure how an adaptation of this one would go. But I'd still like to see it.

2. Theatre Illuminata trilogy by Lisa Manchev 

Have you read this yet? It would be totally perfect as one of those whimsical, live-action pieces we get to see in the cinema once in a while - kind of like Hugo, I think. Or maybe it could be a Pixar film!

1. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo

This would be awesome in any form, I'm sure. Thanks to a mishmashing of images in my head, I currently see them all waltzing around Anastasia-style in an animated film, but I think it would do better in a live-action format.


Chrestomanci - One Size... by *chira-chira over on DeviantArt. One of my favorite moments from Conrad's Fate! The dapper gentleman on the left is Christopher Chant, circa age fifteen. Awesome, isn't he? It takes a real man to carry off ruffled sleeves.

You tell me: Do you have any casting ideas for your favorite book?

0 comments:

Post a Comment