Friday, April 13, 2012

Feature & Follow Friday #92


Q. What is one book that you would be nervous to see a movie adaptation of because you think that the movie could never live up to the book?

If we're talking about recent titles, I'd have to go with Cinder by Marissa Meyer. Awesome premise, awesome heroine, AH-MAZING world. And I could see where a lot of directors would find the sci-fi and techy aspects of it to be a new playground - but what about the plot? What about casting Cinder as someone completely blah and flat-speaking like...oh, I don't know, Kristen Stewart?

No offense. But...that is a total happiness killer. Right there.


Anyway, my main problems with a book-to-movie adaptation is the casting. Right after that hurdle's passed, there's keeping the storyline mostly true to the book, which has a 75% chance of happening (*spills popcorn* "MY GOD! WHAT WAS THAT? RIGHT THERE. THAT DID NOT HAPPEN."). I'm sorry, but I'm one of those story-line purists that you don't want to watch a movie with. Trust me.

So, if a Cinder movie ever came out, I would probably send another blogger, ask her what she thought, and then watch it myself from between my fingers.

Oh! Bonus adaptation: Blood Red Road by Moira Young. Seriously, Saba > Katniss. No lie. She's all "FIGHT ALL THE ENEMIES" and wants to save her brother and has a little sister that she hates but she learns how to love and... [SPOILER] [SPOILER] [SPOILER]....Alright, I can take a hint. Anyway, I could just see this being made in another Hunger Games, which would be both exciting and scary, because not every story can be done the same.

What do you think? Which book-to-movie are you dreading? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment