Thursday, May 31, 2012

BEA on the Brain!

Yes, sir, Kaye is headed to BEA. So if you're going, please let me know in the comments or DM me or contact me whatever way you want so that we can meet up and bask in the awesomeness together! Seriously, don't be shy.

(If I sound overly hyper and excited, please remember that fresh books are like Pixy Sticks for me.)

I'm only going to be able to attend Wednesday - a bit of a bummer, seeing as BEA is practically in my backyard, but c'est la vie - so I'm pretty much going mad scouring the webs for advice, trying to pull together a legible schedule and double-triple-QUADRUPLE checking to make sure that my registration is still valid.

One thing about the BEA staff: they are so very sweet and patient. Makes you appreciate what they're doing all the more.

Anyway, since I'm doing all this last-minute 'Net browsing, I've gotten the chance to read some sweet pre-BEA tips on different blogs, and I thought I'd just pile them up here and share them around. Oh, and if you aren't going to BEA, don't forget about Armchair BEA. I haven't participated before, but it looks fantastic.



BEA Tips: Part I and Part II [via Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog]

A BEA Tip Roundup from Bibliophile's Corner

The lovely ladies of Pub(lishing) Crawl have a little post prepared, with a list of where you can see the lovely Sarah J. Maas and Kat Zhang (BEA newbs as well, and two people I'm definitely psyched to bump into)

La Femme Readers and Red House Books teamed up to bring you BEA: All You Need to Know + More! Very helpful stuff.

Where I started out from: Bite My Books' very comprehensive Q&A session from a year or so back about BEA. It both overwhelms and soothes, if that's even possible.

YA Highway is having a Theme Week on Conferences. In particular, I really appreciated this post by Kody Keplinger on an author's view for BEA and general conference tips from the lovely Kirsten Hubbard 

I'm pretty sure you have a good idea of what books you'll be keeping an eagle eye out for, but if you're still looking, Publishers' Lunch has a neat little sampler of some exciting fall titles (including Libba Bray's The Diviners!) available right now on NetGalley, and of course, there's the comprehensive list of childrens' galleys you need via Publishers Weekly (bless them).

Personally, I do have a .doc that I'm tossing most of my must-see events and galleys into, and I have my business cards ready, but I still feel far from prepared. I mean, it's NEXT WEDNESDAY. *fans self* Gosh. This is like attending a royal ball or something.

Do you have any tips/advice for me? Galleys I should try to grab for a giveaway? ;).

0 comments:

Post a Comment