Tuesday, March 4, 2014

{as i #amwriting} YA Buccaneers Spring Writing Bootcamp

From one writing challenge to another, it seems!

I am grateful to keep catching news of these awesome events. Yesterday, my friend Dahlia posted about the YA Buccaneers Spring Writing Bootcamp she was planning to join in. I checked it out and decided, "Hey, why not?"

I didn't finish Writer Recharge at my personal writing best, but hey, I didn't crash and burn, either. And if you know me, you know that there is one thing I need when I'm writing:

A - C - C - O - U - N - T - A - B - I - L - I - T - Y.

(Yes, I probably didn't need to spell it out. But when have you expected me not to add a little pizazz to a otherwise boring PSA?)

Like Dahlia did - since this challenge spans three months instead of just one, I'm going to try and put down an approximation of what goals I'd like to knock out per month.

Inspirational GIF at the ready...




 ...Well, maybe not as inspirational as I wanted - though accurate. Thanks, Jackie.


{march.}

* Finish the Dragon Draft. It is literally a dragon of a draft now, and since I didn't finish it during Writer Recharge, I am sure as sugar putting my foot down and finishing it ASAP.

* Get headway into the Asian Fantasy draft. (If you are in the know, well, you'll know what this is.) After my lovely video chat with my lovely fellow Keys on Sunday, I'm recharged and I feel like this time, I can really wrestle this story down and let it get told. If I can get halfway by the end of this month, I'll feel like a hero. No lie.


{april.}

* Hopefully, Dragon Draft will be done, so I can focus on another upcoming WIP - and possibly, even eye Camp NaNoWriMo.

* Continue to work on the Asian Fantasy draft.


{may.} 

* Start revising Dragon Draft.

* Hopefully, finish up Asian Fantasy draft. (And if you know my struggles with this story, this is optimistic.)

* If I didn't do NaNo, start new WIP here.


So, I feel like I'm totally being overly optimistic with all of this, but then again, I promised myself that 2014 would be My Year, and it is the Year of the Keys, and in the Year of the Keys there can be nothing but awesome.

Right?

Right.

Wish me luck, and for the sake of all things bookish and good, keep me accountable!

What are your writing goals for this Spring? Will you be joining the boot camp?

0 comments:

Post a Comment