Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Dive Into Diversity!

http://ht.ly/GvMhz


So, it's definitely been a while since I participated in a reading challenge. Maybe that's because 2014 has been sincerely, positively ghastly on my reading front (and you'll see that for yourself with my End of the Year Survey).

It's been proving to be very pleasant thinking ahead to 2015 - which is literally on the doorstep - and figuring out which titles I should incorporate into my usual diet, or entice my still recovering reading appetite with.

As you probably already know, I am very keen on diversity and literature, particularly as a woman of color myself and a minority in both race and religion. A whole challenge based up on books from different walks and experiences of life? Sign me right up, please and thank you very much.

To learn more about how Dive Into Diversity works, you can definitely click right there on that banner and be taken to the lovely hosts' explanation, but here's my general summary: from January right up until December, participants will be writing up diverse reviews and posts.

At least one diverse title a month is encouraged. I hope I'll be logging in more than that.

I'm planning to make a personal list of diverse titles I've been planning to dig into - you'll likely see a link to a relevant GoodReads shelf sooner or later - but you can see a few of the ones I'm already stockpiling right here. (Yay, informative collage!)

I'm already reading She Wore Red Trainers, so I'm not sure if that's cheating or not.
I particularly have been planning to breathe life in my sadly unused Diversify feature, and this is definitely a good challenge to help do just that.

Are you planning to Dive into Diversity? Do you have any titles you think might pique my appetite? You know what to do. And be sure to check back in January for my first post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment