Sunday, January 4, 2015

Flights of Fantasy!

http://www.alexalovesbooks.com/2014/12/flights-of-fantasy-reading-challenge.html


"What, two reading challenge sign-up posts in one year, Kaye?" You say.

Yes. Yes, indeed.

Since I think I've been quite blatant about my lifelong affection for fantasy, I doubt this really surprises anyone. At all.


Flights of Fantasy is hosted by the two brilliant and admirable (and totally more organized than I am, ever) bloggers listed on the banner. If you click on said banner, you'll be linked to Alexa's intro post where you can get more of an idea on how to sign up if you'd like to and what's going on with this challenge.

My recap...

  • The challenge runs from January 1st to December 31st. So, you know, all year.
  • You don't need a blog to join in. Even a GoodReads profile will do. 
  • You can read all the fantasy you want. That's the equivalent of handing me a golden key to a candy store and going, "Fill up all the bags you want, kiddo. No charge." (Except that I doubt anyone would call me kiddo nowadays or be able to walk away on both legs after calling me a kiddo.)
I'll be following along with the hosts and doing my best to post a summary of my challenge on the last Sunday of every month. 

So now, how many fantasy titles does Kaye plan to devour in 2015? I think I'm going for at least 20 titles, for the time being. My GoodReads challenge is already set at 100 books, so I might up or lower the scale depending on what's feasible around, you know, being a commuting college student and having a life outside of books.

(Ha. A life outside of books. That's cute. You're cute, Kaye.)

 
And...that's pretty much it. I'm planning to create a specific GoodReads shelf for this challenge and Dive Into Diversity, just to keep track of the titles I want to keep on my radar this year. So keep an eye out for that in the update post at the end of the month.

Are you planning on your own Flight of Fantasy? Any YA or MG fantasy titles you think I should add to my shelf?

0 comments:

Post a Comment