Thursday, February 2, 2012

Wicked Winter Read-A-thon! (February 3-5, 2012): Starting Post


 This is my very first read-a-thon, and I'm pretty psyched (as though I don't read by myself every single day, but reading in company is so much more fun). And what is a read-a-thon, you might ask? Well, it's when a group of readers gets together on a particular group of days - for instance, the upcoming weekend - and you read as much as you can to get through your TBR pile (which, I can tell you - mine looks like the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Seriously.) For more information about the Wicked Winter Read-A-Thon, you can check out the hosting blog here.

(Also, I've read about eighteen books for 2012 so far and reviewed only three. So if there is ever a review-a-thon going around, please let me know because I need it.)

The List

I'm not really holding myself to this particular list of titles, but these are some that I have sitting here and really want to read - but just haven't, yet. If you have an idea of which one I should start with first, just let me know!

Prized by Caragh O' Brien
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
Clarity by Kim Harrington  (review here)
Uglies by Scott Westerfield
Anna, Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev
Flying Blind by Deborah Cooke

Goal: To finish at least three out of the eight titles I tacked on up there. (I'm also hoping that Under the Never Sky and The Way We Fall both come by tomorrow so that I can add those on as well - so excited!)

Bonus: Get halfway through North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell. (With classics, I tend to go slower so I can savor.)


Do you have a goal for the read-a-thon? Link me up, and best of luck! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment