Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Illusive

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine. For a list of participants and more information, please refer there!


Illusive
Emily Lloyd-Jones
Releasing July 15 2014
 
The X-Men meets Ocean's Eleven in this edge-of-your-seat sci-fi adventure about a band of "super" criminals.

When the MK virus swept across the planet, a vaccine was created to stop the epidemic, but it came with some unexpected side effects. A small percentage of the population developed superhero-like powers. Seventeen-year-old Ciere Giba has the handy ability to change her appearance at will. She's what's known as an illusionist...She's also a thief.

After a robbery goes awry, Ciere must team up with a group of fellow super-powered criminals on another job that most would consider too reckless. The formula for the vaccine that gave them their abilities was supposedly destroyed years ago. But what if it wasn't?

The lines between good and bad, us and them, and freedom and entrapment are blurred as Ciere and the rest of her crew become embroiled in a deadly race against the government that could cost them their lives.

Okay, first of all. Ever since I was a young girl, I've watched most - if not all - cartoon adaptations of popular superheroes. X-Men might have been the series I understood the least, but only because I seemed to tune in several episodes after the last one I viewed, and thus wasn't completely up to date on the hijinks going on.

But it was still awesome.

So, anything involving superheroes will always be cool by me. Or villains, for that matter. (I am still unconvinced that Loki is truly evil and not actually a victim of his adoptive father's mind games, but that is another story entirely.)

That all being said...super-powered criminals? An epidemic that doesn't actually wipe out the population, leaving this as a sci-fi and NOT a dystopian? (Believe me, I've had my share of dystopian love, but I would like to see more cool sci-fi on the market, too.)

Little, Brown, please remember this humble little blogger when you happen to have copies of this available for reading.

That is all I have to say.

(Also, as an extra bonus, I have spoken to Emily before and she is super sweet and friendly. Friendly authors + great stories equals...well, what could come from that except for awesome?)


0 comments:

Post a Comment